CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Postage Stamp Inspiration

As soon as I got the new Creative Memories Postage Stamp Rotary Blade for the 12-inch Rotary Trimmer, I knew I had to create a postage stamp inspired layout.  It's perfect for travel and heritage pages!  The new rotary blade ($7.50) is the seventh one CM has introduced. The first 6 are: Straight, Wavy, Small Wavy, Deckle, Scoring, Perforating. The 12-inch Rotary Trimmer is $30 and comes with a Straight Blade and replaceable Mat Strip.  I love how sturdy it is and how straight it cuts!

In the red, white, blue layout I cut the large piece of cardstock to 11.5" and used the Circle Maker punch to cut the evenly-spaced half-circles around the edge of the cardstock.  The green/yellow layout uses a 9" piece of yellow cardstock punched with half-circle punches.


Supplies needed:
   12-inch Rotary Trimmer
   Postage Stamp Rotary Blade
   Large Circle Maker punch
   Cardstock (2-3 colors) or 1 sheet patterned paper and 1 sheet or more of solid cardstock
   Adhesive
   Ruler, pencil, eraser

This class is only $5. I'll bring my tools, and provide the cardstock in your choice of colors, instructions for the layout and some design cheat sheets for you and your guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment